Slide show

Configuring Nexus6P on Verizon for Google Voice

Hello, I'm a long time Google Voice user who recently went with a new carrier (Verizon) and new phone (Nexus 6P). If I make an outgoing call through Hangouts (which I have installed), the call shows up as having been made from my Google Voice number. But if I make an outgoing call or send a text using the phone's native dialer/apps, my carrier's cell phone number is what appears to recipients (which I don't want). Does anyone know if there's a way I can configure the phone so that all communications (be they voice calls, text, MMS, whatever) always show up as coming from my GV number? I used to have it like this when I had a different phone on Sprint, but so far, am stumped with Verizon (had to switch carriers because of coverage issues). I do have my Google Voice app set to 'make all calls from GV,' but native apps still show my carrier's true cell phone number. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

No comments: