Slide show

Cell limit exceeded even with set limit???

I have 4GB per month. I set my phone to give a warning at 3GB and a max limit of 3.9GB...
At the restaurant last night I set up a wi-fi hotspot for the kids.
This morning I realized that I did not turn it off last night.
Result, my phone tells me I'm at 5GB with only a warning.

Questions:
Why did my phone continue to give WI-fi when 3.9 GB was reached (android therering hotspot option exists for that purpose)???
Wi-fi hotspot should use house Wi-fi if available via my phone connection. My phone logs in automatically to the house Wi-fi. Why did the wi-fi hotpost continue using my cell bandwith, when the phone was on full home Wifi.

I'm using android 7.0.
Bell, send me a nice text saying I'm 50$ overcharge now for the extra cell download.....what I would not do for the kids....lol

No comments: