Slide show

Wi-fi hotspot issue & set limit bandwith

Hi guys
My cell plan is 4GB per month. I set up Android 7.0 to give a warning at 3GB and to limit at 3.9GB (So that I cannot exceed 4GB and have extra charges)
At the restaurant last night, I set up a wi-fi Hotspot for the kids and forgot to turn it off.
To my surprise this monring, BELL tells me I now have an extra 50$ of surcharge of bandwith....
I'm currently at 5GB download total.

Questions:
Why did my phone continue after 3.9GB. The max limit is useless then? I still see it setup to max 3.9 and show 5GB as my current total????
As soon as I got in the house, the home Wi-fi kicked in, so why did the kids continue using up the cell bandwith all morning? Android could easily code that so that if wi-fi is available it uses it instead of cell bandwith???

Thanks

No comments: