Slide show

Drowned my 6P...replacement?

I drowned my Nexus 6P by dropping it from my pocket while clearing out a dam at my in-laws property this weekend, was in shallow cold fresh flowing water but over 12 hours. I will try the "Redux" phone rescue..but not a ton of hope for it. I of course left it off and uncharged for now.

For replacement two questions:
1) Replace 6P or go with something else (paying cash for unlocked phone regardless)? If so what. Obviously waterproof has some appeal ;). Pixel seems too pricey for the value at the moment...S7 maybe? Others ?

2) Is it easier to get up and running with a replaced 6P on a restore than with a different new Android? Everything backed up to Google.

Thanks. I otherwise was happy with 6P though size maybe slightly above optimal.

No comments: