Slide show

having trouble setting up TWRP, completely new to rooting and tinkering with phones

Hi, I just recently bought a nexus 6p with the hopes of installing copperhead OS on it. I have no idea what I'm doing so I figured this was the best way to learn. I'm following this guide, and relying on my google-fu when i hit a roadblock:

[GUIDE] Unlock/Root/Flash for Nexus 6P | Huawei Nexus 6P

I updated to the most recent version of android before I began, as per his instructions. The only problem is 7.0 has an issue with TWRP, so I tried to use the unofficial version he recommended (3.0.2-3), but the link doesn't work. I did some searching and apparently it has some issues and this guy recommended using 3.0.2 until it get's sorted out:

[RECOVERY][angler] TWRP 3.0.2-0 touch recove… | Huawei Nexus 6P

So I flashed it and tried to boot into recovery mode, and nothing... I thought it may be an issue with not having Supersu installed so I installed that, and reflashed it. Nothing. What's the issue?

please keep it pretty simple, I'm a lowly comp sci undergrad who has yet to discover the glories of android.

No comments: