Slide show

Android auto keeps freezing when nexus 6p is fully charged

Hi everyone, I'v been having this problem with my nexus 6p ever since this horrendous nougat update. In my car I have a Pioneer AVH-X8700BT head unit in which it is capable of android auto. When my nexus 6p was on marshmallow, I would be able to use android auto with no problems with my phone either being fully charged or partially charged when initially connecting it.

However, ever since the android N update when my nexus 6p has 100% battery charge and I connect it to my head unit to use android auto, the whole android auto interface would randomly freeze be unusable during driving.

After pulling over and reconnecting the USB C cable, I am greeted with a black screen error message from android auto saying ''Android Auto cannot connect right now. When it is safe to do so, please check your Android phone''. No matter how many times I reconnect the USB C cable, android auto no longer works and the same black screen error message appears.

On my nexus 6p I am also greeted by a red screened error message from the android auto app saying ''Android Auto encountered an error. Communication error 12 - Something's wrong. When it's safe, unplug plug in your phone''.

The only way I am able to use android auto is by ensuring my phone is less than 90% charge. I use it while the phone is below 60% charge as the phone charges while it is connected to the head unit and once it hits over 95% it will freeze android auto.

This really frustrates me as I really like using google maps built into my car but am unable to do so due to a silly glitch or bug. Its also very dangerous for the android auto interface to freeze like that when I'm driving as I often drive in areas where I'm not familiar with the roads.

I've written several reviews and bug reports to google but so far nothing has been done. To make sure this problem ain't specific to my phone itself, I got hold of a friends nexus 6p and the same problem occurs which confirms this is a android software issue. I can also rule out my pioneer head unit as my apple car play works fine on it without silly bugs or glitches.

If anyone else is having this issue I'd love to hear your responses as I believe we shouldn't have to put up with such nonsense. Very sloppy from google.

No comments: